Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wandering Through Blackouts and Old Video Files With No Direction


THERE YA HAVE IT KIDS!






I stumbled into a vault of forgotten memories the other day. These were recent memories: forgotten film clips from my mobile phones and digital cameras. I don't remember capturing the majority of footage utilized in this piece, and therefore don't remember the true intention I had when first capturing. I just basically looked through all of those clips and started editing them, based on the intensity or emotion of the action. I drew on the state of uncorrelated chaos and intensity each clip brings to the viewer. I had no intention for the editing production, just compiled on a whim. All of the color effects were overlain upon the most intense rises of musical interjection.  The language setting for Adobe Premiere was in French, which I don't comprehend to the extent which necessitates comprehensive maneuvering through effect controls.  I made this video start to end in roughly 8 hours straight.  

Many times color shifts occur when you'd least expect them to.

I wandered through my vault of forgotten drunken blackouts, many times having no recollection of any aspect of setting, time or place of a clip, only a belated realization those events had occurred. Regardless if I remembered those events filmed or not, I still had recorded arbitrary un-events in my past. Going on strictly aesthetic intuition, I compiled these clips with effects to create an arbitrary portal to view a discombobulated memory stream. So wander through the reverse entropic re-fabrication of memory space I've created for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment